- The Basic building Block Processes:-
Petrochemical industry is based on intermediates Known Petrochemical Processes: Thermal cracking; catalytic cracking and steam reforming:-
- It is known as steam cracking is used for manufacture of ethylene.
- Feed stock’s – ethane, propane, naphtha and gas oils.
- When ethane is cracked → ethylene
- Propane → propane + co-product
- Naphtha and gas oil → propylene, butane, butadiene and aromatic compounds.
- Used for making BTX.
- Feedstock: naphtha
- Used for producing a mix of CO and H2.
- Intermediate for making NH3, CH3OH