WORKING HOURS FOR ADULTS
Intervals for rest
Prohibition of overlapping shifts
Extra wages for overtime
Restriction on double employment
Notice of periods of work for adults
Register of adult workers
Hours of work to correspond with notice under section 61 and register under section
Power to make exempting rules
Power to make exempting orders
Further restrictions on employment of women
ANNUAL LEAVE FOR WAGES
Application of Chapter
Annual leave with wages
Wages during leave period
Payment in advance in certain cases
Mode of recovery of unpaid wages
Power to make rules
Power to exempt factories
- The machinery in every factory should be properly fenced.
- Only the trained adult male worker, wearing tight fitting clothing which should be supplied by the Occupier, should be allowed to work near the machinery in motion.
- No young person shall be employed on dangerous machinery, unless he is fully instructed as to the danger arising in connection with the machine and the precautions to be observed and he has received sufficient training in work at the machine.
- Suitable arrangements should be made to provide striking gear and devices for cutting off power in case of emergencies.
- Sufficient precautions should be taken with regard to self-acting machines to avoid accidents.
- To prevent danger, all machinery driven by power should be encased and effectively guarded.
- Woman worker and children should not be employed in any part of the factory for pressing cotton in which a cotton-opener is at work.